Saturday, February 24, 2007

Fricken people have no clue...

So I'm on this website, and like there's this part about teens in orchestra. So I, being the extremely bored person that I am, decide to check it out. The first thing I see, a shitload of people saying that support from their parents is needed to be a good musician. O. Hell. No. I stopped even inviting my parents to my concerts, because never once have I gotten a "Wow, you guys sound great" or "Man, I really liked that one song" or even "That didn't suck as much as the last one" Actually, I think I may have gotten that last one, I'm not sure. But anyway, generally a concert would end with my dad coming into the band room, telling me to hurry up, because he wants to get the hell out there, or Shellie coming in, complaining about how she hasn't eaten, or bitching and moaning about her damn (I edited profanity out, idk why) period pains. So I hurry up, so I can sit in the car, and hear about all the things I've done wrong in the last week. What a wonderful way to end a concert, which USED to be a happy expeirence. So like I said, I don't even invite them. I mentioned to my dad about the All-District one, but he decided not to show up. And after it, one of the most exhausting days of my life, was over, I dragged my clothes, trombone, and cello to where my dad was supposed to pick me up. When I get in the car, the first thing he says is "I you we'd meet over THERE". Not "Hey, how'd the concert go". Not "Woah, you must be exhausted". Not anything of the sort. So I reply, "I'm sorry that in my total exaustion, I could not tell the difference between this spot, and the spot TWO TREES AWAY, IN PERFECT EYE-SIGHT FROM HERE, and by the way, my concert went great, thanks for asking." Yes, that shut him up for the rest of the way home. But litterely, it's like they OPPOSE my involvement in music. And deep down, I know I'm not the BEST, but I'd fucking kick ass over any other person who'd been playing cello for one year, and who never had a teacher on ANY aspect of the instrument. So for those retards saying family is so important. Just....FOAD (Lmao, Idk, I really like some of those Internet slang things Mackenzie and I were looking at).

1 comment:

MACKAKELENZIO said...

oh, brian, i am so sorry, thats horrible. i'll support you in whatever you wanna do. i'm still here.